SSI/SSD Disability Advocate Services
The goal of SSI/SSD Case Management is to assist individuals who are disabled in navigating the SSI/SSD process, or “building the case”. Our Case Manager provides assistance to those unable to work due to medical and/or mental health issues, and who need to apply for federal disability benefits. This program helps individuals get the services they need to be stable.
The Case Manager does the following:
- Assesses medical and mental health issues to determine possible SSI/SSD eligibility; getting acquainted with the client's medical, educational, social and work history.
- Assists clients in seeking medical treatment when necessary, and acts as an advocate for the client during medical appointments.
- Transports individuals to necessary doctor appointments and SSA evaluations to ensure access to treatment, DSS, and SSA throughout the application and appeal process.
- Advocate and coordinate services with other professionals involved with the SSI/SSD case.
- Gathers all available documentation to support the SSI/SSD application and assists throughout the appeal process as required.
*Referrals for the program must come from Livingston County Department of Social Services, offering additional supports for clients with specific circumstances.
Disability Case Manager: Nicole Ricker, (585) 658-4466 Ext. 20