Help*Works Community Resource
Service to Those in Need
Each year, Help*Works Community Resource offers emergency assistance to those in need, providing essentials that many of us take for granted. Help*Works annually assists more than 1,000 families living at or below the poverty level. Recently most of those we serve have never had to ask for help before. Referrals to Help*Works come from the Dept. of Social Services, the Dept. of Health, the Office of Mental Health, Salvation Army, churches, and other community agencies and organizations as well as self-referrals.
Help*Works Community Resource is a program of Catholic Charities of Livingston County and is non-discriminatory and non-sectarian.
Since 1992, Help*Works Community Resource (formally Rural Outreach) has provided Livingston County individuals and families who are struggling in poverty with:
• Direct emergency assistance including food, utilities, rent, gas, prescriptions, and child care costs
• Small household items such as lamps, dishes, utensils
• Children’s shoes, clothing and diapers for infants
• Minor home repairs and some minor home maintenance education and assistance
• Guidance on budgeting and energy conservation
• Information and referrals to other agencies that might best assist with a client’s needs
*And now offering assistance with furniture! Accepted items for donation include couches, chairs, kitchen/dining tables and chairs, beds, dressers, end tables, lamps, washers, driers, and refrigerators.
**We do not accept cribs or crib mattresses.
If you know of someone in need or would like to donate, please stop by our office or contact Tammy Hall at (585)658-4466.